Sunday, April 22, 2012

speaks.to.me

If you follow my blog, you know I'm working through Common Prayer this year.  Conversely, if you don't follow my blog, you now know I'm working........

Discipline can be a pooper.  Repetition can lead to blah.  But it can also be rewarding, fulfilling and often, it can teach you something.  On Friday, the entry in Common Prayer hit me.  Hard.  It seemed to be what I needed to hear.  That day.  So I'll hit the highlights.  You can send me a thank you, if you'd like.


Exodus 34:1-17
 He'll do an awesome work with me
I Thessalonians 5:12-28
rejoice always
pray w/out ceasing
give thanks all the time
He is faithful/He'll do it
Psalm 102:1-4
 listen to me/please answer my call

A theologian and poet of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, François Fenelon wrote, “We must have faith during the period of our grief. We think that our afflictions will be greater than we can bear, but we do not know the strength of our own hearts, nor the power of God. He knows all. He knows every folding of the heart and also the extent of the sorrow that he inflicts. What we think will overwhelm us entirely only subdues and conquers our pride. Our renewed spirit rises from its subjugation with a celestial strength and consolation.”

Good words 
The power of God/He knows all
Hard words
He knows the extent of the sorrow that he inflicts
Hopeful words
Our renewed spirit rises from its subjugation with a celestial
strength and consolation








No comments:

Post a Comment