Saturday, June 9, 2012

most important

Happy 22 years of wedded {mostly} bliss 
to my sweet husband! 


June is a celebratory month.  It was when I was a child.  My sister's birthday is June 19.  Always right around Father's Day.  Sandy, our childhood dog's birthday was in June (yes, we celebrated it).  And let's not forget Flag Day.

Our daughter was born on June 11.  My sister's husband's birthday is in June.  When my husband became a father, Father's Day became all the more significant.

So.....June 9 [our anniversary] comes in the midst of a bunch of other days that hold some special meaning.

I've noted that sometimes that's how marriage goes.  There are multiple people that vie for, and often need our attention.  And in the midst, we have to make time for the most important.

I haven't always done a great job with that.....making my husband the most important.  I've found it takes a concentrated effort.  Children and work and home chores and parents and countless other people and things cry out for time and energy and affection.

I hope my husband knows he's the most important person {to me}.  He's the one I chose to grow old with and would choose over and over.  And no matter what, I'm here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In lieu of a card, I shared these lyrics with him:
click on the link to hear the song


If you forget the way to go
And lose where you came from
If no one is standing beside you
Be still and know I am

Be still and know that I'm with you
Be still and know I am 

~ Isaac Slade





No comments:

Post a Comment