Monday, October 26, 2009

Another Pumpkin Recipe

This one's a favorite of my husband.  My mom-in-law, Sharon, gave me the recipe.  I believe she received it from her mom-in-law Maxine.  I guess you could call it "Mother in Law's Pumpkin Dessert".


Pumpkin Dessert

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Combine 1/2 cup margarine, 1 cup brown sugar and 2 cups graham cracker crumbs. Mix together and put in 9 x 13 inch pan.  Bake 20 minutes or until browned.  Upon removing from the oven, crumble the crunchy mixture and when cooled, remove 1 cup for topping and press the rest in the bottom of the same pan.


Mix 2 cups canned pumpkin, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon ginger.  Add 2 cups whole milk.  Mix in two 3 ounce packages of instant vanilla pudding.  Gently fold in 8 ounces of Cool Whip.  Spread mixture over crust.  Chill thoroughly.  Use additional Cool Whip and remaining crumbs for topping.  Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment