Wednesday, November 2, 2011

And so it begins. . .

               . . . the holiday season.  Sixty two days: 

November's 30 + December's 31 + January First = 62 days 

I have decided to not be a BAH HUMBUG this year.  While I like Thanksgiving an.awfully.lot, I've grown to not care so much for Christmas.  Well, it's not really that I don't like Christmas, it's that I don't like all the fuss.hoopla.rigmarole that comes along with the celebration of the birth of Christ.  It can easily become what my son would refer to as a "science fair":
  • angry shoppers
  • annoyed drivers
  • obligations to things that aren't important
  • frigid temperatures
  • too much stuff to do!!!
But, I've decided to put my feelings of fear.frustration.anxiety on hold and do my best to enjoy.  There are so many holiday things I like:

baking
decorating
looking at lights
making holiday crafts
listening to holiday music
attending holiday music concerts
designing our family Christmas cards
watching holiday movies and tv programs
 j o y
love
peace

In order to prepare for a Joyful Advent Season, I'm focusing on Thanksgiving, which is one of my favorite holidays.  I'm going through the 30 Days of Thanksgiving with my family. I'm dwelling on this verse:
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. ~ Colossians 3:15
I could use some peace.  And could it be any clearer?  "Be thankful."


So here we go.  There are 60 days left.  Here's to hoping.to.make.the.best.of.them. . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment